Obtaining Permits


When your development plans might impact wetlands*, one or more of the following agencies will require a permit for you to continue:

  • U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
  • State Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)
  • State Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
  • State Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (DWF)
  • State Lands Office (SLO)


We walk you through the permitting process in the most efficient way possible to keep your projects moving forward.


*Impacting a wetland refers to removing material from, or placing material in, a designated wetland.

With The Correct Permits,

You Can Develop With Confidence.


The Permitting Process:


  1. Obtain A USACE Jurisdictional Determination. Based on the data and the resulting report that ELOS gathered and prepared during Step 1: Wetlands Delineation, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will make an official determination on your property.


  1. Complete The DNR Permit Application. During the USACE determination process, ELOS uses our findings to complete the permit calculations and keep the process moving.


Working with you, ELOS Environmental staff will complete the DNR application to grant you the necessary permits to develop. DNR applications include a property map of your site, created by ELOS. They also include your project’s dredge/fill calculations, which we will determine based on your property conditions and the type of development you plan.